Corvallis, OR asked in Child Custody for Oregon

Q: could i file for temporary immediate custody if the other parent is now following the parenting plan? joint custody file

the plan states to do breast milk and if needed formula but i have text proof that we agreed on only breast milk, and formula if he ever ran out. he refused to take the breast milk for this week and is all of a sudden switching the child to formula, which is not good for my child's stomach. we have joint custody and the parenting plan already filed. i am also attempting to find an attorney to help me file and fight for permanent sole custody but would like temporary sole custody now so she can stop consuming formula. on the subject of attempting to get permanent sole custody, i have a list of things i would be able to use against him in court. i just need help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: It isn't clear whether the parenting plan you refer to is something that is already ordered by the court or just something you two agreed to informally. When a child is young and still nursing typically the court doesn't order over night visits with the other parent but rather just short day visits that allow the mother to continue to breast feed. If you want full custody you should have asked for this in the beginning. Definitely go and see and Attorney and get help establishing custody.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.