Birmingham, MI asked in Family Law and Child Support for Michigan

Q: FOC won't help me get child support owed. Nothing has worked. What can I do?

My ex owes me over 6,000 dollars in child support. I barely make any money and have full custody of my son. He didn't show up to two show-cause hearings. They increased support and he hasn't paid me at all. One time they brought him in and he gave a sob story about how he doesn't have a job so they let him off. He doesn't work, doesn't have a car or a license and the only thing they can do is arrest him. Recently he was arrested for a DUI and driving without a license. This was 6 months after a bench warrant was issued. Nobody did anything to bring him in. The DUI was what made the bench warrant pop up. He was put in jail but the judge let him go without paying me a cent. What can I do? I don't make a lot of money and it is expensive to raise a child. He has paid me maybe 500 dollars total in child support and not a penny more. I need help. Friend of the Court will not do anything to help me. They just schedule a hearing, he doesn't show and a warrant is issued with no arrest.