Asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Texas

Q: how does one file for an at fault divorce based on adultery and abandonment and mental health issues

Has been multiple incidents with physical mental and verbal abuse as well as abandonment and adultery there's also one biological child in household as well as a non-biological child who is mentally disabled with autism who has also been verbally and mentally abused by spouse

1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You would need to assert your grounds for the divorce in your petition. Issues regarding children will also be dealt with during your divorce. Child issues consist of things like rights and duties regarding the children, child support, and possession and access (visitation). It sounds like you have some pretty big issues in your case and I suggest you talk to a lawyer about it. My number is 281-962-3877 and my name is Chad Zubi.

Elaine Brown agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.