Columbus, OH asked in Criminal Law for Ohio

Q: How can u get a warrant for endanger child M1 off of u that is from 9 years ago.

My baby dad found out he has a warrant from 9 years ago M1 child endanger but he lives 2hrs away from the city that he has a warrant in. He has been stopped by our local police and they told him he had a warrant but didnt take him to jail bc it's on a misdemeanor. How can u go about getting it taken care of without going to jail?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Each court treats these situations a little bit differently. Some will allow a motion to recall the warrant and simply set a court date. Most will want the individual to turn himself in to be processed and give a bond. Done correctly this can usually be taken care of in a morning. Some have already set a bond amount, and a court date can be set by coming in and posting the bond. He should get a lawyer who can guide him through the process.

Dimitrios Makridis agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.