Bixby, OK asked in Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: My children are in foster care. Im considering going into inpatient rehab but im not sure how dhs/courts will treat me??

Im scared to admit my drug use but i want my kids to come home to a healthy one. I dont think inpatient will help my case at all but i hear that if i go inpatient my kids will come live with me after a few weeks. How does that work and can dhs hold it against me if i seek treatment? clean drug tests are the only thing preventing me from unsupervised visits. If they come live with me in the rehab how will the discharge process go?? Any advice? I also caught a new charge after my kids were in dhs custody one being a misdemeanour possession and when i went to arraignment on that they arrested me for trafficking with a date of offence from march 2019. How can this affect my dhs case? Should i stall the criminal case and push to close my dhs case?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Drug use and new criminal charges will for sure have a big direct impact on your situation with DHS. You have too much going on here to solve over the internet in this forum. You are going to need to hire an attorney to help you sort this out. You should be able to find one attorney that can help with both DHS and the criminal charges. Once the attorney meets with you and has a handle on what is going on they will be able to help you come up with a plan to deal with all of this and explain your options. I wish you the best of luck with your case.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.