Quarryville, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I was diagnosed with severe PTSD and my Dr wrote a note saying until I am mentally better that I was not able to attend

any appts with my lawyer and court proceedings she says any more stress I will have a mental breakdown was informed by lawters assistant I had to go to court or a bench warrant would be issued I mental am worse than I was at drs

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Ryan L Hyde
Mr. Ryan L Hyde
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Exton , PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: That type of note from your doctor generally isnt sufficient to excuse you from court appearances (if you are the defendant).

This is really a conversation you should have with your attorney. You cant, and shouldnt, provide us with the information we need to comment online. If you feel your attorney isnt assisting you you can look for another attorney. But your attorney is the best resource for this kind of question.

If your attorney says you need to be there then ignoring them probably will make the whole situation worse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.