Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law for Texas

Q: What if I had a court date of a pending charge and they never rescheduled me a new court date and it's been 6months now

never got appointed an attorney I never received a new court date

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Unfortunately, it is possible that didn't get the message and missed your court date. If that happened there may be an active warrant for your arrest. You should probably hire an attorney to get this sorted out. If you can't do that, you can at least examine the public court records of your case at the clerk's office The deputy clerks won't give you legal advice but there is a decent chance you can figure it out on your own based on the documents in the file.

TIP: If you have a steady hand and mobile phone with a good camera you can take photos of the documents that are clear enough to read. If not, you can buy copies of the documents at the clerk's office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.