North Canton, OH asked in Landlord - Tenant for Tennessee

Q: What options do you have when a LL has a hostile tenant?

Tenant subleased rooms. LL required all adults to sign LL's lease. Subleasee gave 30day notice to vacate per sublease. Tenant says subleasee has to stay till end of lease because they signed LL lease. Tenant is getting very hostile, texting and emailing LL for hours. Tenant tells subleasee that 30 day notice starts from the first of the month not an actual 30 day notice. Tenant flips flops between being subleasee's LL Aand subleasee being LL's tenant whatever benefits tenants situation. What option does LL have to rid their self if the nuisance tenant.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: LL should file a Detainer Warrant, probably for breach of contract. Warrant served/posted is notice to quit.

Apparently there is no "sub-lease", just a lease. Read it and find a breach.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.