Decatur, GA asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Libel & Slander for Georgia

Q: I called about an outside disturbance back in 5/1/17 the officers searched rental home I am working on arrest me 4 drugs

The rental home belonged to my friend they stated it was two marijuana roaches I was hallucinating refused me a drug test I was working in a different part of home than drugs were , no drugs found on myyperson placed in two separate cars searched twice , at jail charged with meth possession at the jail from meth pipe found in second car . Bonded out 8 hrs later . Submitted DOT certified drug test from doctor office within 72 hrs of arrest negative result still pushed to trial , jury found me not guilty. I would like to file suit for prosecutorial misconduct & false arrest imprisonment .

1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible who can assist you with the specifics of your case.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.