Brookline, MA asked in Probate for Massachusetts

Q: Hello Can a judge make a divorce judgment without hearing from the plaintiff who filed for in the first place?

I filed for divorce August 11, 2016. The Judgment was finally made on August 7 of 2019, which I didn’t even know existed until October 11 of 2019. It was a nasty and contentious divorce, my ex is legally blind but physically able at 6’2”, 220lbs,

I am an RN that is permanently physically disabled, 5’6” 120lb It’s very complicated and it involves extreme criminal behavior on the part of my husband that apparently the judge couldn’t see through his lies, as well as the lies and egregious guerrilla warfare tactics of his attorney team. I would like to appeal not the decision of the divorce but the division of assets as well as the fact that I believe my civil rights were grossly violated when I wasn’t able to speak my side of the story and show pictures of my hip replacement and spinal surgeries incurred as a result of the domestic violence I’ve suffered throughout my marriage.

How can a judge make her decision

W/O hearing from the plaintive who filed for the divorce?