Muncy, PA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: 7 years ago at the age of 18 my friend dated a 12 yo. It was nonsexual. Can they still be charged this far away?

He has had no contact with her in 7 years until recently he went to her place of employment. Simply to shop. She put out a pfa and stated in it that they dated when he was 18 and she was 12 (I know how wrong) but he hasn't had any contact with a minor since. And as stated it was nonsexual. Can they decide because of the pfa to charge him because of his previous relationship?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: They won't decide because of the PFA, but he needs to consult an attorney who handles criminal cases because depending on what happened it can be an issue. He needs to get a copy of the PFA filing to begin with. He should not discuss this on social media.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.