Livermore, CA asked in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice for California

Q: Hello I see a psychiatrist and I went to get a refill on my prescription

Hello I see a psychiatrist and I went to get a refill on my prescription and to find out I have no refill on my one prescription because my doctor needs approval when it should have already been approved so I couldn’t get it so I called the office to find out he doesn’t work their anymore by the receptionist on the phone and the covering doctor had to approve my one medication after leaving a voice mail saying my old doctor needed approval when he couldn’t give it because he hadn’t work their and I couldn’t get my Leda because he left without notice and I had a doctors appointment with him and I waited and waited for it and was wondering why it never came up and finally I ran out of my prescription to find out from pharmacy I had no refills to call his office to find this out he doesn’t work their and someone else had to refill one of my prescriptions and I had to find another doctor my self and another doctor I hadn’t seen had to refill it for me should my old doctor told me

William John Light
William John Light
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Riverside, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In the absence of an injury, there is no basis for a medical malpractice claim. Inconvenience for having to wait for a prescription is not an injury.

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

certainly not a professional office that doesn't accommodate the patient...yet, probably not malpractice.