San Bernardino, CA asked in Gov & Administrative Law, Medical Malpractice, Personal Injury and Probate for California

Q: How can I find a CA attorney who sues Counties for failure to notify collaterals of conservator hearings?

I lost contact with my brother ten years ago and searched for him ever since. I am just now learning he suffered a stroke and lost his memory. The County placed him in a Board & Care and established conservatorship but failed to take reasonable steps to notify me. They denied my right to step forward and assume responsibility for my loved one.

After spending years imprisoned in the Board & Care, my brother recently passed after contracting an infection in hospital due to unsanitary practices. I never saw him again nor had the chance to tell him I love him.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

i would google attorneys who litigate against governmental entities or something like that.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.