Asked in Family Law for Arizona

Q: Filed for divorce , ex-husband has lawyered up and I don't understand these papers given to me just that he wants all.

I'm really looking for a pro-bono Family lawyer to assist me if possible with these papers that I have filed and now have a lawyer from Ex sending me. Sorry I don't have any money.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mike Branum
Mike Branum
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: has a lot of helpful information and is easy to navigate. Although it is not your state, is another great source of information. If you are near Tucson or Phoenix, you can check with the law schools and see if they have either a free clinic or self-help classes. There also may be ask-a-lawyer opportunities in your area if you have specific questions. The most important thing is to not miss any deadlines. You do not want to have a default judgment entered against you. And for heaven's sake do NOT miss any court dates! I hope that helps!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.