Camden, TN asked in Criminal Law for Georgia

Q: If someone charged you with Theft by Deception in Georgia if you satisfied the person does the state still charge you ?

sold a vehicle that had a title lien on it. Satisfied the lien person received title registered in her name and almost a year later the title pawn repossessed the vehicle . Stating I did not pay them. State gave a true bill on it charging me with Theft by deception. They offered me 5 years prison ha ha So the person I sold it to is out of a vehicle and I am looking at prison at 60 years old, this is only in a small town ruined by crooks

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Priscilla T. Upshaw
Priscilla T. Upshaw
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Powder Springs, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: The answer is yes, however it is best to contact an attorney who can assist you with a viable defense and/or dismissal.

We are glad to assist you. Contact us whenever you are ready.

I wish you well.

-The Upshaw Law Firm, (770) 240-0922.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.