Lake Arrowhead, CA asked in Animal / Dog Law, Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for California

Q: animal control did not follow due process and forced euthanasia on 2 innocent dogs. can i sue animal control?

my dogs were accused of a fatal dog vs dog attack. the 'witness' gave false statements to the officer which resulted in animal control 2 days later coming to my home, taking my dogs and forcing euthanasia. they had no paperwork, no warrant, no evidence. AC would not accompany me to talk with the victim to get the description of the dogs. they used intimidation and threats of arrest. AC acted with out due process. the civil court case in dec 2019 victim sued me and lost due to lack of evidence linking my dogs to the attack. later the police report also showed the 'witness's' statement was a lie he said he followed the dogs home to my house and took pictures of them on my porch. the witness then returned to the house were the attack took place. he then showed the officer where i lived. while i talked with the officer my dogs walked up the street. the officer was at my house when my dogs returned home. i have a 2nd case possibly because this witness knowingly lied on the police report.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed.

it sounds like your case is a mess.

you can always sue anyone for anything.

the question is will you recover and HOW MUCH?

you probably will not find a lawyer to accept the case on a contingency.

IF so you will have to pay on an hourly can sue in small claims.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.