Littleton, CO asked in Personal Injury for Colorado

Q: my son was hit in the face by another with ice that cut deep and will scar him, the other student has a history of viole

similar incidences precede this one with violent behavior from this student. She was also pushing my son to the ground and he was telling her not to throw ice, as he was getting up she wound her hand back to throw some more and sliced him in the face by his mouth. considering the other students history, repeated offenses to boys (specifically) using snow and ice. I believe the school did not take the appropriate disciplinary measures that could have prevented this injury to my son.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: You might have a situation where the school did not provide adequate supervision. You could contact a Colorado attorney to discuss the matter in further detail and look into the school's practices for supervising groups of children during recesses and other recreational periods. I hope your son has a healthy and speedy recovery. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.