Upper Sandusky, OH asked in Child Support and Family Law for Ohio

Q: How much is too much: support with medical ins and cost and other?

Fiancee pays about 750 a month in support for 2 children with his ex wife. 17 and 13. He also pays 112 a week for ins, which if he was the only one on it would pay 40 a week. He also was ordered to pay 25 a month which is half of her student loan because he never obtrained an attorney during their divorce and he co-signed her loan. He also pays another 100 a month for the 13 year olds braces now for the next 18 mos, she never consults him about use of insurance, sends bills in his name constantly and he is to pay half of all medical costs. She claims either disability or workmans comp but has never had a job in the last 10 years we have been together. How is he required to pay so much and still have money to live off of? We have had two children together in the last 10 years also. She is remarried. She is also constantly trying to keep kids from us whenever she can. They just did a review in 2018 spring. What can we do, he is paying way to much.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Ohio recently changed its child support calculation, and tax laws also have changed. He should use the Find a Lawyer tab and retain a local family law attorney to review the finances and other facts, re-run the support calculation, and advise him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.