Citrus Heights, CA asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Idaho

Q: Is a judges court deputy allowed to Facebook message us telling us what we need to do an ongoing custody case?

The judge on a custody case in Idaho is actually friends with the other party. He won't allow any evidence to be submitted through court and has so far ignored our evidence, or refusing to allow the evidence into court at all. Now his court deputy is messaging us on Facebook telling us that we're in the wrong, or we're acting like bad people because of things the other party is telling them outside of court and what we should do to fix it. Is he allowed to message us like this? How do we go about getting a new judge that won't recuse himself or admit to his personal bias?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin M Rogers
Kevin M Rogers
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: If what you say is correct, then you need to file a Motion for Disqualification under ICR 25.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.