Lakewood, NJ asked in Probate for New Jersey

Q: Estate lawyer died, he was the only member of his law firm. Now what?

The will was contested and a judgment was rendered to be executed as soon as possible, but to date there has been no finalization of the will. It's been well over a year, so how do we get the judge's decision fully executed and by who? The estate lawyer is dead. The executor of the will isn't doing anything.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Derek John Soltis
Derek John Soltis
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Jersey City, NJ

A: The simple answer is to hire another attorney to take over the matter

H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You hire another lawyer to finish the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.