Garden Grove, CA asked in Civil Litigation and Medical Malpractice for California

Q: I have important questions. the problem is I have a brain injury. please be patient with me.

1st ? is How do I get help for my mom that is going for esophagus surgery to remove the cancer. The reasons why I need help in that is I need to make sure that she will be staying in the hospital for her recovering. The reason she need to stay in the hospital or some type of facility is that she doesn't have a colon (I mean zero) and she doesn't have a bag. Since I moved back I have taken my mom to the ER 5 times. bowel blockages. Plus 3 more for the side effect of chemo and radiation. They effected her heart. they said nothing is wrong with her and send her home. I'm sorry I can't write anymore my prescription glasses broke yesterday. my eyes are hurting. I'm just scared they will send her. Thank You please take your time answering I'm going to the ER to see my mom. * JEN

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I hope everything works out for your mom with her surgery. I think that any facility that handles a surgery of that level would not be looking to rush her discharge. And if they are in a hurry to move her out to an acute care facility shortly after surgery, contact the social workers in the hospital to see if they will help you make arrangements for quality care during her convalescence. Anticipate being asked to choose two or three facilities from a list of post-surgery facilities that you might be presented with once they make the decision to discharge. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.