Lyndhurst, NJ asked in Foreclosure for New Jersey

Q: Foreclosure issues - I am looking for a lawyer who will look at my case regarding foreclosure with Rushmore.

Hello - last year my loan was sold to Rushmore Loan Management and I tried to do a modification with them. What followed was a disaster and finally I had to sell my home for less than its value after they waited 6 months and refused to take any money while they made their decision. They decided no and then applied fees which made it impossible for me to catch up. Much more happened during this time. Who would I speak to about finding out if I have a legitimate case to sue.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Your situation is very complex and unfortunately all too common. Whether or not you have a viable lawsuit would require an in person consultation and a document review, which would be more than what attorneys would normally offer in a free consultation. If you actually have a viable case, an attorney, ethically cannot take such a case on a contingency fee basis, nor would it be a flat fee case, but rather at an hourly rate. Whether or not you would be able to recover your legal fees is questionable.

Ivan Raevski agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.