Mckinney, TX asked in Domestic Violence and Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: What can I do when husband is threatening my life?

For 3 months He has emailed, text, called from spoof #s (even local sheriff #, now started threatening my 20yo son, online post and photos of me, tells me if I don’t do ask he says he will keep smearing me online, post more photos of a old job (yes legal but in adult industry) And post videos of me smoking weed from abiut 2-3 years ago w my youngest son in room (my parents just passed and I had a melt down and I was suffered memory loss! I DNT even remember this incident he refers too. The harassing and ugly messages hv Taken a tole on my health! He’s had me followed also and says he’s got cameras up idk what half his information really means I’ve had to change our daily routines, I DNT go to work no more cuz I start hvn panic attacks of him or his family showing up, can’t even go to town in the day due to these attacks. My hair has begun to fall out I’m getting bald patches. I’ve dropped so much weight. I keep a constant tremble in my hands I hv proof of it all!

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: First, print everything you have.

Second, hire a private investigator to get the goods on him

Third, hire a divorce attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.