Saint Paul, MN asked in Criminal Law and Car Accidents for Minnesota

Q: I borrowed my truck to I thought a friend he now claims someone stole it from him police won't help what do I do

I borrowed my truck to a friend been trying to get It back for 4 days and his brother told me my truck was stolen from the person I borrowed it to. He won't talk to me know and police said they can't put it in as stolen since I borrowed it out to start with. What do I do to get it back or get it out of my name in case it is used in a crime or an accident.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas C Gallagher
Thomas C Gallagher
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Consider: 1. Contact civil (not criminal) attorney about filing a lawsuit for the value of the vehicle, and-or its safe return. 2. Notify your car insurance company, about a claim for a loss (before initiating your own lawsuit). 3. Private investigator, asset-skip tracer. Discuss all options with your civil law attorney, before taking any action. But act quickly.

Jonathan Matthew Holson agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.