Blue Bell, PA asked in Real Estate Law and Tax Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Im on house deed &title along with my BF & am being told that as part of the transfer to me only there are tax. True?

Hi, I'm in the process of remortgaging my house to put the loan in my name solely and to remove my boyfriend from the deed/title. The mortgage company is telling me that there is a transfer tax for the transfer of the deed, but I'm already on the existing deed; is it true that I also have to pay transfer taxes to the city/state for this transaction?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Tarasi
Elizabeth Tarasi
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: There is a realty transfer tax that will be assessed when you record the deed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.