Honolulu, HI asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: Is it legal for my landlord to send me a TERMINATION NOTICE because my apartment needs to get remodel. please advice me

The landlord gave me until April 7 to move out I have my 75 year old father with me I need help or a advice to solve the situation.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The short answer is no. If the house is in such disrepair, the landlord should not terminate your lease. On the contrary, LL should take steps to find you another place to live while the repairs are done. Please reach out to an attorney near you to explain the various issues surrounding your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.