Mc Kees Rocks, PA asked in Contracts for Pennsylvania

Q: Government has force no gatherings due to Covid19. I paid for a caterer at my wedding that is now canceled this month.

Can I get a refund of the non refundable deposit since this is force of nature. The contract states I have to pay 60% if it is canceled within 30 days. The wedding was planned for in two weeks but has been cancelled by the governments shutdown. The contract says nothing about a force majeure.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: argue for the refund. You can always take them to small claims. Or if the whole thing was cancelled see if they will give you the deal then.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.