Imperial, MO asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law and Civil Litigation for Missouri

Q: Can I recoup expenses due to Sellers year-long ignoring requests and changed deed w.o me a not agreed?

March 2019 requested letter or legal documents of our lease to purchase agreement so I could have home owners insurance.

-July 2019 Seller said again would get me documents to obtain insurance. (never happened)

-October 2019 paid in full the sale price.

-Dec 2019 Sellers gave me a deed and title with previous married and maiden names.

-Jan 2020 Deed and Title not recorded due to names not matching the notarized warranty deed and names on title.

-March 26,2020 Seller submitted a Quit Deed to Co. instead of Warranty Deed w.o my knowledge which was not the agreement.

-Title needs the name correction/No documentation to obtain insurance on the mobile home still and seller will not help with title which I can do nothing with without them.

-There was a storm that has caused damage to roof, hot water heater that has caused damage to a wall? They are not communicating and now have changed deed verbiage. What are my options.

1 Lawyer Answer
Jennifer Sheila Kornblum
Jennifer Sheila Kornblum
  • Springfield, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: There is a lot going on here. You definitely need to meet with an attorney. They can help you get copies of the necessary documentation and potentially make a claim to enforce the contract. Hopefully your requests listed in your question were made in writing. But as long as your contract is in writing you can file suit to enforce it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.