Corryton, TN asked in Child Support and Family Law for Tennessee

Q: I am owed 10000 in arrears. Christopher Scott Hunt got custody of our child i pay support now to him in flordia why?

Scott Hunt gained custody of the child then illegally moved child to flordia. my paycheck is garneshed now how in the world is this right.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Johnny Quitman Rasberry
Johnny Quitman Rasberry
  • Cordova, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Please do not identify anyone specifically by name as this may expose you to a defamation action if your accusations are not true. If you allege that he moved to another state illegally and he in fact followed the law, then you could get in trouble. Assuming he did get custody, then as a parent you can be made to pay child support. Your best option is to consult with a local experienced family law attorney for your best options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.