Allen, TX asked in Employment Law and Tax Law for Texas

Q: What can I do if my boss has misfiled his employee taxes and as a resut, I am being denied unemployment?

I am in Louisiana. My case is going into its final appeal because they made the decision before they saw any of my evidence that I faxed. My boss not only paid in $1,400 to an employee that was fired, which was part of my quarterly income, but then he skipped a quarter of my income. Then he paid me 4,000 on my last quarter falsely which can get me in trouble for "Medicaid Fraud".

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick

A: Most if not all states keep very close tabs on employers who "skip" paying payroll taxes; so the agency you are dealing with is now aware that your employer has violated state and federal laws, thus causing you (and other employees?) to be denied unemployment benefits. Because you mentioned possible trouble regarding "Medicaid fraud" I advise you to retain competent counsel immediately.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.