San Lorenzo, CA asked in Public Benefits for California

Q: We came to the United States 4 years ago and we have sponser(my uncle),we don't have good financial situation right now

my uncle never support us from first day and we don't speak with he, actually he left us!

Can we apply for food stamps?

does this affect on US citizenship?


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you are citizens or permanent residents who have sponsored a relative, you are presumed to have sufficient income to sponsor said relative. Since 4 years have gone by, you should go and request your food stamps based on loss of income and job due to Corina virus.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.