Emeryville, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: landlord wouldn't fix my window and glass door for a year

landlord wouldn't fix my window and glass door for a year.significant heat lost on winter months causing higher energy bills. uninhabitable living conditions.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In the future, any tenant experiencing a house or apartment problem should write to the landlord explaining the problem and asking for correction. If after a reasonable stood of time, there is no response, then the tenant should complain to the city housing inspection department. After the inspection, if the Landlord does not correct the problem, then I suggest calling an attorney. Most Lawyers will take the case if there are physical damages associated with the housing problems but others will take the case based on the technical violations of the California Civil Codes. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.