Baldwinsville, NY asked in Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for New York

Q: When does the stay on evictions end? I have a 2-family home in a small town in upstate ny. - have up and down tenants..

Down tenants owe at least $4000 - lease ends Aug 31. He told other tenant he is moving out next week. I want to sell the house so I am sort of glad he is leaving., but I need my money. Do I go to Small Claims - what procedure. I am elderly and ill. Rent is $650.00/month. He has stopped payment when he does pay rent. Last check end of December bounced. My lease calls for late fee of $5 per day after 6th. Smokes pot against my lease.

Michael David Siegel
Michael David Siegel
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: For now, June 20. If he moves out, Small Claims is the way to go. Also closed for now.