Baton Rouge, LA asked in Domestic Violence for Louisiana

Q: Should I call police to document my wife falsely accusing me of domestic violence?

She was drunk and grabbed me, I removed her arm from around my neck I have video of her approaching and grabbing my phone as well as her being drunk this morning. So she’s lying saying I assaulted her bc her arm has a slight mark. I want it to be documented but I’m scared bc I don’t know the law

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: No don't call the police. But email the video and photos to someone so if she files a complaint, she can't delete it from your phone and if the police seize your phone, your attorney can have access to it. Then call an attorney if you don't want to remain married to a drunk.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.