Lakeland, FL asked in Child Custody for Florida

Q: I have primary custody of my 9yr old daughter. And a court order allowing the mother to see have her every other weekend

her mother hasnt called or seen her in exactly one year what can I do? Especially if she just shows up one day wanting to see her. I want her rights revoked for abandonment if possible.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
B. Elaine Jones
B. Elaine Jones

A: You should consult with a family law attorney to find out what your options are. If you have some way of proving that she hasn't seen the child for a year that would be helpful toward your goal. If not, I suggest you start keeping a calendar just for the purpose of documenting the weekends that she has missed. Most JUSTIA attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Contact one of us today and let us know you found us on JUSTIA.

Good luck.


B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.