Sidney, NE asked in Child Support for Nebraska

Q: My ex-husband and I divorced July 18, 2017. And 2 kids and us live together I want to stop child support? How can i ?

We moved in November 22, 2017 and are back together as a family we both provide for our kids so I don't want him to pay child support?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Julie Fowler
Julie Fowler
  • Omaha, NE
  • Licensed in Nebraska

A: If the person paying child support is now residing with the other parent and the children, generally a motion to terminate child support can be filed to ask the Court to terminate the support order.

If the children are receiving public assistance, the parents may need to make sure the public assistance records also reflect that both parents are residing together with the children. Otherwise, the State may resist terminating the child support order if one parent is not counted in the household for public assistance income calculations.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.