Covington, LA asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Louisiana

Q: Age 16 left home due to being punished for marijuana use in our home. He is living with girlfriends family.what to do?

16 year old completed senior year and will graduate. Turns 17 in Sept. Previously arrested for drugs at school (2018) and completed probation program. Caught him smoking pot in our house again and took electronics away. He left that night and went to girlfriends house. Girlfriends parents told me not to be to harsh on him and they had an extra room for him to stay. He has been there for one week and I am in contact with him. What options do we have as parents?

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Call the police to get him returned and into counseling. If not, he's gonna be a Daddy within the year and stuck with 18 years of child support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.