Riverview, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Do I have rights to my child if there is a temporary custody in order?

Their paternal grandmother has temporary custody. I left them in her custody so I could get away from her abusive son. Now that I am stable she will not release my children to me

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
B. Elaine Jones
B. Elaine Jones

A: Unless you terminated your parental rights, you still have rights as the child's mother. A more thorough review of your situation is necessary before advice can be given. Most JUSTIA attorneys offer a free initial consultation. Contact one of us today, and let us know that you found us on JUSTIA. Good luck.


B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the court had anything to do with the temporary order you will have to go back to the same court and get the temporary order vacated.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.