Anderson, SC asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for South Carolina

Q: My son was in a motorcycle wreck on Saturday, that was caused by a boat seat. They wasn’t able to catch the driver.

His insurance company doesn’t want to file under his UIM cause the police officer didn’t put that information about the boat seat in the report. However the officer did state it in the newspaper and he took pictures at the scene. My son also has witnesses. What does he need to do?

Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I hope your son is okay. This is really a question that a South Carolina attorney could handle best, but your post remains open for four weeks. The long answer to your question involves examining the results of the crash site investigation. contacting those witnesses and gathering other evidence. The short answer is more practical for you - contact a South Carolina attorney. It appears to be a complex case and UM cases can be difficult. The more quickly that action is taken while evidence such as the recollection of those witnesses is fresh, the better the chances of being able to demonstrate that the boat cushion/seat was the root cause of the accident. Good luck

Tim Akpinar