Miami, FL asked in Divorce for Alabama

Q: My husband and I just filed a no fault, uncontested divorce in Alabama. I am the plaintiff.

He, the defendant, signed the answer and waiver and the agreement. Attorney filed the paperwork in court. Now my spouse has decided he wants to fight and is threatening to rescind the paperwork already filed. I am not in agreement and have no wish to reconcile. Can he as the defendant rescind paperwork he signed and agreed to just to try to make the divorce contested? We have no property and no children.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: You would file a motion to enforce the agreement. Talk to the attorney who represented you about this.

Kristine Jones
Kristine Jones
  • Montgomery, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Yes, he can try to have it rescinded. It's best to talk to the attorney who filed the divorce.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.