Rialto, CA asked in Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: Can I be placed in another home this house has mold I called property management several times but they don't come out

There's a busted pipe in the wall they started to work on it about a year ago but haven't worked on it for about 10 months now

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to write a complaint letter to management or owner. If no answer, within a reasonable period of time, then call the city inspector. If nothing happens after this, then call a housing problem lawyer (Tenant Lawyer). You have a right to Live in a habitable House or apartment. Your landlord may be liable of violating California Civil Code Sections 1941 -1942. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.