New Caney, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: If I have a 15 year old refusing to see her dad for visitations, what do I do? She’s my size. I can’t physically force

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Humble, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If a court has put an order in place giving the other parent the right to visitation then it is your duty to make sure she goes. I realize that this may be difficult. A possible solution to your problem would be do find out why your daughter doesn't want to go. Once you find out what daughter's reasoning is then perhaps you could agree with the other parent to do something that solves the problem. If you fail to agree with the other parent, then you still have the duty to make your daughter go, it isn't her choice.

If there has been a material and substantial change in your circumstances and the visitation order is not workable then it is possible that you could file for a modification of the order. To make a determination of whether a modification would solve your problem and is possible you should consult with an in person attorney. They should listen to the whole story and review your current order and let you know exactly how to proceed given your specific circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.