Mechanicsburg, PA asked in Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: i live in a abusive home. mentally and physically. we’ve went through counseling, therapy. but nothing changes.

i want to be emancipated i don’t feel safe at home i haven’t for months now. and i want something done about it. i need to get out of here legally.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Karen  Ulmer
Karen Ulmer PRO label
  • Langhorne, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Please contact Children and Youth services if you are a minor and living in an abusive environment. You may have to go to foster care if you do not have another relative who can take you in, but at least you will be safe immediately. They have the power to get you out immediately. Emancipation, if you are even successful will take time and the courts are not hearing many cases. If we can be of any help, please call us at 215-752-6200.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.