Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Insurance Bad Faith for Florida

Q: I want to cancel a surety bond (criminal) and get my name off I do not want the money back

I don't believe she will show up for her court dates and do not want to be responsible or jeperdize my assetts how do I get the bondsman to cancel the bond

1 Lawyer Answer
B. Elaine Jones
B. Elaine Jones

A: You just contact the bail bondsman and tell him you want to revoke your bond assistance and they can rescind the bond and pick up the individual and put them back in jail where they will have to try and get a bond posted for them again. Good luck.


B. Elaine Jones, Esq.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.