Brunswick, OH asked in Civil Litigation, Contracts, Real Estate Law and Landlord - Tenant for Ohio

Q: Rental office called and said my son couldnt live here anymore or I would face eviction. No notices, letters, etc.

I am current on my rent. He had been arrested three months ago on misdemeanor charges but nothing was said to us until the call today, mid-may.

When I asked who decided this i was told it was the property manager. When I asked for the name and number of the property manager they refused to give it to me. I was told I would receive a letter today from the office, they would bring it to my townhouse. However nothing was given to me.

1 Lawyer Answer
Taylor P Waters
Taylor P Waters
  • Columbus, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: I might depend on your lease. If your lease has a stipulation that no one with a misdemeanor conviction may live there, or other basic wording, they may be able to evict over an unlawful tenant. It's worthwhile to have an attorney look over your lease.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.