Folsom, CA asked in Probate for Maryland

Q: My mother passed away early this year. Her primary asset is her home which has a reverse mortgage.

My mother’s will specifies my sibling gets the house if he secures a loan to satisfy the reverse mortgage loan within 90 days of her passing. The will goes on to say that if my sibling sells, or is unable to maintain the house for a three year period the house is to be sold and the proceeds split with me. Does the 90 days start from her date of death or after the estate has been opened?

If by chance he secures a loan to pay off the reverse mortgage, is there a way I can be added to the deed to make sure I am properly paid if he does not keep house for 3 years as stated in my moms will?