Murchison, TX asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law and Family Law for Texas

Q: Texas standard Possession court order I am the non-custodial parent

hello I have a court-ordered Standard Possession with my ex for my son a while back my wife passed so I tried to arrange a different pick up time with my ex because my new job which ended in a different time and location of pick up that I wasn't too sure about she eventually backs out wanting to force me to meet at the police station at 6 again I previously gotten in trouble at the address where she stays she filed a false case then did not pursue it the city picked it up I accepted a 90-day deferred and her boyfriends came out got his gun out of his car put it in his pants and left his shirt up where it could be seen she's really a confrontational type of person so this is the reason's I really don't want to be back at that house so I'm looking for the simplest way to get back to court order meeting at the police station I'm hoping to file enforcement of court order then document she's currently forcing house pick up refused police station drop off today

1 Lawyer Answer
Chad Zubi
Chad Zubi
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Humble, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances then you can ask the court to modify the terms of the order. Until the order is modified by the court, you must follow it. Most orders allow for parents to agree on times of possession instead of going by the spo schedule, this is not always the case though. Consult with a lawyer about reviewing your order and getting a modification.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.