Belle Glade, FL asked in Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: Do i have to pay rent if i was without "Water in home" with 3 kids for 8 mths? My rent is 5400

Around July i told my landlord that I have a leak somewhere in my apartment. He told me he would send someone by. And he never did I kept telling him about it and remind him about it. If no one ever came out I will tell my rent for July August September and even October when my water went off. I went from 4000 gallons of water to 17,000 gallons of water. My bills came up to a total of $632 and when I saw him the bill he said he had the nerve to say that he's only paying 200 in the beginning and he never did anything I told him that I would not pay that bill because it was too much. When my water was cut off and October I was without water from October November December January February March April May and I finally he paid it in full May of 2020 he made a payment of $632 but my account was already sent the credit and I had to turn around and told me I had to pay the deposit of $145 I think I shouldn't have to pay because he put me in that predicament. my mom living next door

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Tallahassee, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: This situation is much to complicated to be solved here. You should locate a lawyer experienced in Landlord & Tenant Law in the Belle Glade area.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.