Youngstown, OH asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Federal Crimes for Ohio

Q: u get caught with a gun and gt out on bail , bt get caught months later w/ a gun get 3yr state can the feds pick it up

Do we have to wait till he’s done with the 3 1/2 years .. non violent offender covidt is taking over and killing them in there in Belmont corrections needed help and understanding i was told that u would help consult me and look into it to retain a lawyer

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The Justia forum allows you to post questions that lawyers like me can then offer answers to. If you want to contact a lawyer directly, you can do so with the information located on their profile or in the directory. As far as I know, Justia does not actively consult.

The feds could pick it up, yes. But they usually don't when the state is prosecuting already. It is unclear from your post what you are asking concerning waiting the 3.5 years. Do you have to wait for what?

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.