San Antonio, TX asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: my fiance is from the Philippines but lives 25 years already in Japan. She got her travel Visa 2 times denied

the american embassy denied 2 times her visa, to visit me in the US. I even wrote a invite letter, but they not even looked at it. Only thing they ask her, what is your purpose to fly to the US. What can we do, that she can come to visit me for 2 weeks. PS. She has 2 Javanese kids 24 and 16. And a steady job in Japan (6 years) and has no intent to stay for good in the US. Please advice



Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The embassy probably thinks she’s at high risk of not returning due to her personal and financial situation. Would marriage to you , a US citizen, solve this problem?Probably yes if you can convince the consulate that she married for love. If that is the ultimate goal then retain counsel here in the US to facilitate that process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.